Feature Update – February 2018 – String Muting & Volume Knob Mapping
- You strummed, we listened. The INSTRUMENT 1 just got a major playability update for muting strings. Now simply strum a chord, and when you lift off the fingerboard the strings will automatically mute. Easier than pie.
- Bonus: Strummed notes will ring out for as long as you can hold them with new infinite sustain. Can you hear it?
- The volume knob also learned a new trick – it now sends data to your DAW (via CC#9) so you can map your favorite effects, dynamics, and more when using an external sound card or line-out from your iPad. Awesomely optional.
- Previously, the bridge on Tap Fretted Strings mode was strummable. Now, it’s tappable. That just makes sense.
- Bow method also gained velocity sensitivity, for the orchestrally-inclined. Perfect for Hans Zimmer covers – or John Williams, if you prefer.
How to Get IT
- Simply open the Artiphon iOS app or Desktop Editor and follow the prompts to update your firmware.