Artiphon is seeking a Firmware Engineer to help us grow our family of music technology products.
EMBEDDED FIRMWARE ENGINEER
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- • Implement efficient and robust firmware for new products.
- • Maintain and improve our existing firmware.
- • Implement and add new features into current products in parallel with app developers.
- • Unit-test code for robustness, usability, and general reliability.
- • Test, validate, and provide code fixes for devices prior to release.
- • Participate in daily meetings to ensure focus and direction.
- • Discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development.
- • Engage with the Customer Support (CS) teams to obtain bug reports and trending issues.
- • Support the creation of rapid prototypes to facilitate testing of new product concepts.
- • Maintain clear and concise code documentation.
- • Track and report bugs in software, firmware, hardware, and mechanical designs and suggest improvements.
- • Work closely with internal and external software engineers.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- • BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- • Two or more years of proven experience in embedded firmware development using C/C++.
- • Extensive experience with Embedded Systems and microcontrollers including low-level drivers and communication protocols (UART, SPI, I2C, ADC, DMA).
- • Knowledge of the following: Cortex M7, Cypress, PSoC4 series, BLE, low-level system drivers and communication protocols, source control services and automated build systems, IoT for embedded systems, TCP/IP, RTOSs (e.g. FreeRTOS or Zephyr).
- • Strong understanding of the product lifecycle from hardware bring-up to end-of-life.
- • Flexibility to work alone and in a team.
- • Ability to read and understand datasheets, electrical diagrams, hardware specifications, and assess impacts on software design.
THIS POSITION IS
- • Full-time with competitive salary with benefits
- • Remote (from a US time zone)
At Artiphon we’re designing new instruments to empower the next billion musicians. Our award-winning smart hardware and software products rethink the possibilities of musical creativity for beginners and professionals alike. Our founder/CEO holds a Ph.D. in Sound Studies, and our team includes experts from groundbreaking companies including Space X, Blue Origin, Line 6, and Yamaha. Read more on our About page.
We invite and encourage women and diverse individuals to apply.
To apply, please follow this link or click the button below. We look forward to hearing from you!