Artiphon is seeking a User Experience/User Interface designer to work with us as we expand our family of creative music technologies. You would be joining a dynamic and fast-moving team that is rethinking musical interaction and everyday creativity. This is a part-time, contract position with the ability to work remotely.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- • Design, organize, and lead efficient and purposeful ideation sessions
- • Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- • Conduct user research and interpret data and qualitative feedback
- • Create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- • Test new ideas before implementing
- • Execute all visual and interaction design stages from concept to production assets with final hand-off to Engineering
- • Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive-level stakeholders
- • Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- • Demonstrable mobile UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- • Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps
- • Proficiency in Adobe XD, InVision, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wireframing tools
- • Some background in music
- • Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- • Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- • Up-to-date knowledge of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- • BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
- • Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
THIS POSITION IS
- • Part-time contract
- • Remote (from a US time zone)
At Artiphon we’re designing new instruments to empower the next billion musicians. Our award-winning smart hardware and software products rethink the possibilities of musical creativity for beginners and professionals alike. Our founder/CEO holds a Ph.D. in Sound Studies, and our team includes experts from groundbreaking companies including Space X, Blue Origin, Line 6, and Yamaha.
Read more on our About page.
We invite and encourage women and diverse individuals to apply.To apply, please follow this link or click the button below. We look forward to hearing from you!
- The Artiphon Team