In stock and ready to ship!
Fulfillment time will vary based on the courier you chose and your shipping location.
HANDHELD MUSICAL INSTRUMENT
In stock and ready to ship!
Hold out your hands and meet Orba 2, the follow-up to Artiphon’s award-winning synth, looper, and controller. Orba 2 has everything you loved about the original with multiple groundbreaking upgrades. Now, you can play any sound imaginable with its unique sample engine. Listen through the built-in speaker, or plug in and get loud. Customize your instrument with the Orba App and share your creations with friends. Take your creativity to new heights as you take Orba 2 anywhere you go.
Shopping outside the US? View our Where To Buy Page.
Play any sound in the world
Orba 2 features a brand new sound engine that includes sampled audio recordings. This means you can now play instruments like electric guitars and upright pianos, as well as more adventurous sounds like vocals, found sounds, and custom artist songs. Imagine conducting an orchestra in the park with no strings attached and no screens required.
Create your own instruments
Orba 2 players can also capture or import their own sounds to create completely unique instruments. With the press of a button in the Orba App, everything around you can be turned into an Orba preset. A bicycle bell, a bird singing, or your roommate’s amazing voice can all be played, looped, and shared as a musical melody. Sample recording requires a cabled USB connection.
Loop songs in seconds
Orba 2 allows you to record loops right on the device itself. Using Drum, Bass, Chord, and Lead, you’ll be able to layer sounds to create songs that are uniquely yours. Orba 2 also has a quantize feature that snaps your musical phrases to the beat so that every moment fits perfectly into the groove. And since Orba 2 has far more memory than its predecessor, you’ll be able to make way longer songs: up to 128 bars!
Play with Gestures
Orba 2’s touch and motion sensors combine to capture even the most subtle micro - movements. Its improved ceramic - like playing surface simultaneously reacts to the nine simple gestures: Tap, Press, Radiate, Tilt, Shake, Spin, Vibrato, Move, and Bump. Each gesture can control the onboard synth engine or your MIDI music software of choice. With unprecedented express ive potential, you’ll never play the same note twice.
Use Orba to control your MIDI - based software and hardware instruments (via USB - C or wirelessly via Bluetooth MIDI). Orba works with GarageBand, Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Cubase , FL Studio, as well as any MIDI - compatible mobile app. In addition, Orba is fully compliant with the new standard for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE), making it capable of multiple independent note expressions.
WHAT'S NEW ON ORBA 2?
- New sound engine that supports sample playback
- New Orba app that allows for capturing or importing samples
- Dozens of new Drum, Bass, Chord, and Lead sounds
- Automatic, per-part quantization with Orba Groove option
- 128 bar songs (3 - 5 minute creations)
- Improved ceramic-like playing surface
- Larger and more legible text on playing surface
- 2 GB of factory sample memory
- 2 GB of user sample memory
- Higher quality 24-bit converter and speaker amp
- Higher quality headphone out
- Onboard sample engine and synthesizer and built-in speaker offer an immediate playing experience
- Eight capacitive-sensing pads respond to the lightest velocities
- Accelerometer and gyroscope capture a range of multi-dimensional gestures
- Use the built-in looper to layer Drum, Bass, Chord, and Lead parts
- Connect to the cross-platform Orba app for more sounds, songs, and settings
- Connect via MIDI over Bluetooth or USB-C, and use MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) to play your sounds in dynamic new ways
- Use the 1/8" (3.5mm) output to listen on headphones, speakers, and amps
- Multicolor LEDs respond to the way you play
- Embedded haptic engine offers vibration feedback
- USB rechargeable battery
What's in the box?
- USB Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- 3.14" (diameter) x 2" (height)
- USB-C (USB 2.0 Class Compliant Audio/MIDI)
- 3.5mm (1/8") TRS Analog Headphone Stereo Out
- Bluetooth LE MIDI (MIDI only)
Note: Windows 10 does not currently support Bluetooth LE MIDI
- 3W built-in active speaker system
- iOS 11 and newer
- Android 9 and newer
- macOS 10.12 and newer
- Windows 10 (64 bit)
Note: Firmware updating requires a cabled USB connection and can only be done from a desktop computer.
Note: Transferring a sample from your device to Orba 2 requires a cabled USB connection.