Orba is a handheld synth, looper, and MIDI controller that lets anyone make music immediately. With Orba’s integrated looper you can layer Drum, Bass, Chord, and Lead parts to create beats and songs on the fly. Play through the built-in speaker or use the ⅛” jack to connect headphones or amplifiers. Pair wirelessly to the Orba app to customize your instrument and share your creations with friends.
READ MORE +
PLAY WITH GESTURES
Orba’s touch and motion sensors combine to capture even the most subtle micro-movements. The playing surface features eight highly touch-sensitive pads, and Orba has ten core gestures: Tap, Press, Spin, Radiate, Tilt, Shake, Slide, Vibrato, Move, and Bump. Each gesture can be used to control the onboard synth engine or your MIDI music software of choice.
Smart Device Technology
Artiphon designed Orba with inspiration from traditional instruments, classic synthesizers, household objects, and modern mobile devices. The capacitive-sensing pads, haptic engine, and LED feedback incorporate the latest in mobile and gaming-controller technology. Orba features a proprietary on-board synth engine which includes sound design by esteemed DJ and engineer Richard Devine.
Use Orba to control your MIDI-based software and hardware instruments (via USB-C or wirelessly via Bluetooth MIDI). Use Orba with GarageBand, Ableton Live, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, Cubase, FL Studio, as well as any MIDI-compatible mobile app. Orba is fully compliant with the new standard for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE), making it capable of multiple independent note expressions.
- Eight capacitive-sensing pads respond to the lightest velocities
- Accelerometer and gyroscope capture a range of multi-dimensional gestures
- Onboard synthesizer and built-in speaker offer an immediate playing experience
- Use the built-in looper to layer Drum, Bass, Chord, and Lead parts
- Connect to the cross-platform Orba app for more sounds, songs, and settings
- Connect via MIDI over Bluetooth or USB-C, and use MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) to play your sounds in dynamic new ways
- Use the 1/8" (3.5mm) output to listen on headphones, speakers, and amps
- Multicolor LEDs respond to the way you play
- Embedded haptic engine offers vibration feedback
- USB rechargeable battery
What's in the box?
- USB Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- 3.14" (diameter) x 2" (height)
- USB-C (USB 2.0 Class Compliant Audio/MIDI)
- 3.5mm (1/8") TRS Analog Headphone Stereo Out
- Bluetooth LE MIDI (MIDI only)
Note: Windows 10 does not currently support Bluetooth LE MIDI
- 3W built-in active speaker system
Note: Firmware can only be updated from a computer with a USB-C connection.
- iOS 11 and newer
- Android 9 and newer
- macOS 10.12 and newer
- Windows 10 (64 bit)